Monday, August 9, 2010

about me


A little insight on the life of Kimberly Minshall... Ever since I was a little chubby kid, I have had a passion for creativity. The sky has always been the limit and nothing seems quite out of reach. I have always loved to try new things and explore new talents. I have lived my life by trial and error and trust that God will lead my life down a path chosen by him. I'm currently a student at Greenville College and I will be graduating in the spring of 2012 with a B.S. in Digital Media with an emphasis in Graphic Arts and a minor in Business, quite the mouthful. I am constantly developing new interests, photography being my most recent. I love creating images and art that captures emotion, excitement, and the joys of life all around me. I find it exhilarating that I have the power to capture a single moment- a snapshot to which that very moment will be preserved forever.

About one year ago, I was "required" to take a Digital Photography class for my major. To be completely honest, I wasn't too thrilled about it. Horrible flashbacks of my high school photography class came swarming back. Lets face it, my pictures were flat out terrible! I went in to class with an open-minded attitude, but a pit in my stomach. I thought it would be another opportunity to laugh at myself, it's what I do best. To my surprise, Kyle Weber, my extremely talented teacher and photographer, believed in my work and in me. He really encouraged me to share my work with my friends and family. I have started small by mostly photographing my best friends and family members. I must admit, I'm pretty sure the reason my pictures turn out the way the way they do is largely due to the fact that my friends are quite attractive. It definitely helps having beautiful models at my convenience. I still consider myself a novice and am still in the process of learning the technical aspects of photography, but I have developed a love for this field and am constantly trying to test the limits. I recently started dabbling a bit in Photoshop to add a little extra flare and spice. Finishing touches can make a picture far more powerful.

Though I am new at all of this, including being a blogger, this sight features some of the work I have done over the past few months. It is exciting and I am surprising myself on how I am continuing to grow. This blog captures photos from the places I have traveled and the friends and family that mean the world to me.

A recent addition to this blog captures my newest adventures. Australia. I have had the opportunity to participate in a study abroad program for the Spring semester of 2011 in Sydney, Australia. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment